Im such a fan of Mac N Cheese I have tried nearly all recipes on the web and through trial, error and customisation I present you with my go-to famous Mac N Cheese recipe.
- 500g Package elbow macaroni
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 Cups milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 2 Teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 350g Mixed Tasty, Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- 1 Onion
- 1 Tablespoon of crushed garlic
- 100g Of bacon
How to Make It
Prepare pasta according to package directions. Keep warm.
Cut onion and bacon add to pan with crushed garlic and fry.
Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat; stir in flour, salt, and pepper until smooth, about 5 minutes. Slowly pour milk into butter-flour mixture while continuously stirring until mixture is smooth and bubbling, about 5 minutes. Add cheese and mustard to milk mixture and stir until cheese is melted.
Fold the macaroni into cheese sauce until coated.
Add bacon and onion over the top and serve.